[ka-Map-users] RE: automatic Vehicle tracking application (AVL) (EdCooley)

Ed Cooley ecooley at strategy5.com
Tue Mar 6 11:19:24 EST 2007

I was an early adopter and would not have been able to do things without DM
Solutions assistance.  If you need a kick start or custom work I highly
recommend their support, map data and services.  It saved me untold man
hours.

For the map data I use DM Solutions map data products.
For the route lines I use a customized version of generatecanvas.php with
clipping as the map is panned.  At the time I wrote the applications
KaXMLOverlay was not available and the distributed line drawing capabilities
could not handle route lines covering thousands of miles with several
hundred lon/lat pairs.

All the icon data is stored in different arrays then I use addObjectGeo and
removeObject to turn things and off.

---
Ed Cooley
Strategy Systems, Inc.