[ka-Map-users] Searching on Oracle Spatial

bryn at brynr.ath.cx bryn at brynr.ath.cx
Wed Mar 7 20:09:43 EST 2007

Hi Lorenzo and all,

you may remember some time ago I was trying to use kamap to search on
oracle spatial layers.
I have returned to trying to sort out this problem.
So far I have worked out that the query string kamap was setting up was
wrong.

in kaSearch.php I have added the following lines:

if($oLayer->connectiontype==MS_ORACLESPATIAL)
{
	$searchstring='"'.$szSearchfield.' LIKE \''.$_GET['searchstring'].'\'"';
}

After doing this queryByAttributes evaluates to true and getNumResults
confirms this. however no results are ever printed out! and if
getNumResults is just 1, then I get the following error:

Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msDBFGetItemIndex(): Item '' not found. in
C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\editor\includes\kaSearch.php on line 185

I am completely stumped by this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bryn