[ka-Map-users] referencing ka-map in a manuscript

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com
Wed Mar 14 21:39:18 EST 2007

Hi Dylan,

I noticed you asked the same about MapServer. In case it helps, this is
what I use for Ka-Map and MapServer citations:

Lime, S., 1996, UMN MapServer, University of Minnesota. [Computer
Program]  Available: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu

Spencer, P., 2004, Ka-Map, DM Solutions Group. [Computer Program]
Available: http://ka-map.maptools.org

I suppose the formatting depends on the journal or on your university,
but in terms of content I use the name of the person who, to the best of
my knowledge, initiated it. I guess the programs are really a community
effort, but you can't really reference that. Arguably, you could use "et
al.".

Hope this helps,

Jacob

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the named recipient and are confidential. The copying or distribution of them or any information they contain by anyone other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies from your computer system and destroy all hard copies. It is the recipient's responsibility to check this email and any attachments to this email for viruses before use.