[ka-Map-users] karouting doesn't work part2

Daniel Muller Daniel.Muller at geomatic.ch
Wed Mar 21 12:20:41 EST 2007

Hi all,

The second MapFile is a kind of dummy mapfile containing a few infos to
help mapserver finding the "session-table". It contains only one layer,
the layer with the route.
As said in the Wiki, this mapfile should be created on the fly by
karouting.php. But at this time we still need to deal with it.

It should look like this:

MAP
   IMAGETYPE   PNG
   EXTENT      548645 79727 674956 159138
   SIZE        400 400

   IMAGECOLOR  255 255 255
   SHAPEPATH   "/var/ka-map/"

    FONTSET     "/var/ka-map/fonts.list"
   WEB
     IMAGEPATH "/tmp/"
     IMAGEURL  "/tmp/"
   END

   UNITS meters

LAYER
       NAME "path"
       CONNECTION "user=xxxx password=xxxx dbname=xxxx host=localhost
port=5432"
       CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
       STATUS OFF
       TYPE LINE

       CLASS
         NAME "path"
         STYLE
           COLOR 255 0 0
           WIDTH 5
         END
       END
  END

END

Pranjal Karwal wrote:
> when i comment the layers of the mapfile where the connection strings
> are present
> the map is displayed, otherwise it is'nt, how do i check whether the
> connection is being established or not?
> mapfile:
> http://rafb.net/p/LsyKTf36.html <http://rafb.net/p/LsyKTf36.html>
> config.php(of kamap)
> http://rafb.net/p/aqsdK742.html <http://rafb.net/p/aqsdK742.html>
>
> /*PranjaL*/

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265 >
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265 >

Géomatic Ingénierie SA
Ch. des Croisettes 26, 1066 Epalinges
Tél: + 41 21 651 30 00, Fax: +41 21 651 30 09