[ka-Map-users] I found ka-map is faster in firefox than IE6 and why?And does ka-map merge openlayer?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Mar 24 15:35:25 EST 2007

Hi,

technically, they should be roughly equivalent.  However, here are
some reasons (outside of ka-Map) why FireFox may appear to be faster
than IE:

* number of simultaneous connections.  ka-Map loads many images from
the same server ... browsers limit to 2 or 4 simultaneous
connections, which means that the images load sequentially rather
than simultaneous.  I believe FireFox has a higher default than IE,
and so the tiles would appear to load faster.

* efficiency of the javascript engine.  FireFox is much better and
avoiding memory leaks than IE and, over time, IE appears to slow down
as it consumes more and more memory.