[ka-Map-users] I want answer to these questions

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 27 12:44:24 EST 2007

Sahar,

I didn't quite follow all your questions, so if the following answers
don't fit your questions, please ask again in a different way :)

You can use IIS as your web server.  You will need to configure PHP
with IIS and set it up correctly.  If you have problems with this,
check the PHP site.

MapServer runs with any web server.  It is typically used with Apache
because Apache will work on any platform and is open source friendly.

ka-Map is a javascript client that helps you build mapping
applications of a particular type, i.e. like Google.  It has a server-
side dependency on MapServer to draw the tiles it needs to display
the map.  Specifically, it needs the PHP extensions to MapServer,
php_mapscript.

The things you need are:

* a web server
* php, correctly configured for your web server
* php_mapscript, correctly configured for your php
* ka-Map, correctly configured to load your php_mapscript
* a MAP file for mapserver that controls how the map will be drawn
* some data to draw.