[ka-Map-users] Label collision between layers

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:08:39 EDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Kevin Okamoto <kevino at migcom.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to handle "label collision" between Ka-Map layers? In
> other words, is it possible to
> render two separate map layers so that there labels don't overlap when
> they are overlayed on top
> of each other.
>
>  I know that  Mapserver is able to manage "label collision" if the
> layers are rendered as part of the
> same image/tile; however I haven't found anything that would manage
> labels between two separate
> map images/tiles.

One technique you might consider is to create a separate group to
render only the labels. You wouldn't be able to toggle each layer's
labels individually but at least the features can be toggled and their
labels will not conflict.

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes
the existing model obsolete" - R. Buckminster Fuller