[ka-Map-users] Increased Metabuffer results in multiple lables

Melanie Ritzau MelanieRitz78 at web.de
Wed May 9 18:01:59 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

thanks for your help !!

My problematic features are point-features - not polygons. Every point that falls into the buffer-zone is labeled twice because mapserver renders two tiles that contain
that point and on both tiles the point is labeled. If kamap! displays both tiles you can see two lables - one left and one right to the point.

In tile.php is a part that tells mapserver not to place labels into bufferzone - but it should also tell mapserver not to render labels for points that fall into this buffer-zone.

Setting the metabuffersize to 0 solves the label-problem but than I get artefacts on symbols that are at the edge of tiles.

Maybe it would help to tell  mapserver to draw labels only to the right or left of the point but that would disturb the whole label-layout and it is not an option for me.

Any ideas ?

AFAIK it is not possible to configure a mapfile that way, that features at the edge of a tile don't get labeled. Right ?

Thanks again !

Mel