[ka-Map-users] Increased Metabuffer results in multiple lables

Melanie Ritzau MelanieRitz78 at web.de
Thu May 10 16:54:44 EDT 2007

Thanks for your suggestion,

although I have not found a way to stop the symbol artifacts appearing when MetaBuffer is set to zero. When a Point-Symbol (e.g. just a red circle) lies exactly at the edge of a rendered Meta-Tile - the red circle is drawn but also a red (unwanted) horizontal line that starts at the red symbol. This is a part of my mapfile:

I can't see any mistakes:

  SYMBOL
    NAME "circle"
    TYPE ELLIPSE
    FILLED TRUE
    POINTS
       1 1
    END
  END

LAYER
    NAME "Cities3"
    GROUP "Vector-Map"
    STATUS default
    DATA "Cities3"
    TYPE POINT
    CLASSITEM "Name"
    MAXSCALE 6920998
    MINSCALE  865124

    LABELITEM "Name"
    CLASS
      NAME "Cities3"
      LABEL
        PARTIALS FALSE
        TYPE TRUETYPE
	FONT arialbd
        SIZE 10
        SHADOWCOLOR 0 0 0
	SHADOWSIZE 3 3
        POSITION AUTO
        COLOR 255 255 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      END

      STYLE  # it makes no difference if the circle has a black outline
        SYMBOL "circle"
        COLOR 0 0 0
        SIZE 6
      END