[ka-Map-users] Error using WMS client function

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sun May 27 09:22:00 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 12:55:26PM +0200, Open Maps wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new in this ML and my problem is that my mapfile doesn't work
> properly in ka-map pruducing this error:
>
> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap():

This problem is not specific to ka-Map. Instead, it essentially means
'The server you're trying to talk to? It said no to your request.' Since
I see that you're using NASA's server, you should be aware that it does
this a lot -- when it's overloaded, it will return ServiceExceptions. I
haven't checked your WMS Client config section closely enough to be sure
that's the problem, but it may be.

Check your client config, and see if you can find anything wrong -- but
even if you can't, you may get better help from the MapServer list for
anything that starts off with 'MApServer Error', since this list is more
suited for things directly related to ka-Map (PHP issues,
metaTiling/caching, etc.) as far as I've seen.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer