[ka-Map-users] Ka-map on MS4W

The Bun rosario.carbone at ipl.com
Thu Nov 1 06:06:53 EDT 2007

Hi Andre

I am not an Apache expert I have always worked with IIS and for ka-Map I am
using Apache.
I find Apache quite good but quite confusing for the fact you need to
declare your physical folder twice,
in the "Alias" and the "Directory" element, for example in my configuration
they are different
and it works, but it also works if they are the same (  i.e. add the /htdocs
to the Directory element),
anyway my condifuration is:

Alias /kamap "/ms4w/apps/ka-map-1.0/htdocs"
<Directory "/ms4w/apps/ka-map-1.0">
  AllowOverride None
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

For your problem anyway, the "Forbidden" one, the only way I found to solve
it
was changing the alias, in your example try to change "Alias /ka-map/" with
"Alias /ka-map".

Check anyway that your folder "/ms4w/apps/ka-map/htdocs" is correct.

Regards

Rosario