[ka-Map-users] Question about xmlOverlay

Stéphane RIFF stephane.riff at cerene.fr
Tue Nov 6 08:38:17 EST 2007

Hello,

I have a kaXmlOverlay with some large polygon.
Everything is ok but as I zoom in the polygon image get bigger and
bigger. It's normal but when the image is too big (for me 13000*13000
pixel) the browser eat the ram (~900 Mo) and my application become very
slow.
So my question is : Does someone have implement a solution to prevent this ?

The best solution would be to tile big overlay objects but I don't know
how to do this :(

The idea I have is to forbid the drawing of too big overlay objects, I
can do this in the drawgeom.php file but the label still appears so I
have to find a solution to tell kaxmloverlay that the object is not
drawn ...

If someone can point me to a solution he is wellcome.

Best regards
Stephane

--
Stéphane RIFF
stephane.riff at cerene.fr

CERENE SERVICES SA
3, rue Archimède
10600 La Chapelle-Saint-Luc - France
Tel : 33 (0)3 25 74 11 78
Fax : 33 (0)3 25 78 39 67
----------------------------
"Ce message peut contenir des informations confidentielles et/ou
protégées. Il est à l'usage exclusif de son destinataire. Toute
utilisation non autorisée peut être illicite. Si vous recevez ce
message par erreur, nous vous remercions d'en aviser immédiatement
l'expéditeur en utilisant la fonction réponse de votre gestionnaire
de courrier électronique."

"This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by
mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your email software."