[ka-Map-users] imageformat

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 03:43:15 EDT 2007

You can use the format section of your config.php to get 24 bit rendering:
set format to "PNG24" or "JPG"

106  $aszGMap = array (
107          'title' => 'GMap 75',
108          'path' => '../../gmap/htdocs/gmap75.map',
109          'scales' => array( 40000000, 25000000, 12000000, 7500000,
3000000,     1000000 ),
110          'format' =>'JPG'};

(you should empty the cache of your webserver and webbrowser before
you see any difference)

==
There is however one disadvantage: in internet explorer 24-bit PNG are
not transparent (and JPEG is never  transparent).
This is usually not a problem for layers with orthophoto's, but could
be a problem if you have vector/... layers on top of that.

If that's not the case in your application, stick to the first
solution. If it is, you could try my little hack:

 I changed tile.php in my own application [
http://zadeh.ugent.be/rwanda ] to make sure that only some layers
(base layer and satellite layer) are drawn as PNG24, and the others as
regular 8-bit PNG (with working transparency and smaller files).

I replaced the line:

setOutputFormat( $_REQUEST['i'] );

With
87,95c87
<
< ///////johan
<    if ((strpos($groups, 'Base')>0)||((strpos($groups, 'atellite')>0)
||(strpos($groups, 'andsat')>0))
<       {setOutputFormat('png24');}
<    else
< {     setOutputFormat('png');}
<
< ///////johan
< //   setOutputFormat( $_REQUEST['i'] );