[ka-Map-users] help

Samuel Hiatt samhiatt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:11:42 EDT 2007

ka-Map uses mapserver to render maps based on a mapserver "mapfile" that
describes everything about how the map should look, including where the data
is coming from (postGIS database, shapefile, raster, etc).  ka-Map also uses
mapserver to execute queries on the map.

ka-Map also uses mapserver to execute searches.  The way this works is
ka-Map's javascript sets up the asynchronous call to a php script on the
server.  This script uses php_mapscript to execute a
$oLayer->queryByAttributes search and then returns the results back to
ka-Map.

All of the code for this is located in [ka-map root dir]/tools/search/.

So, it sounds to me like you first need to get ka-Map displaying your data.
Follow the tutorials on the wiki for help with that.

Then you'll need to customize the code in tools/search/kaSearch.php to
execute the search you want.

To learn more about mapserver go to http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs
To learn more about mapscript check out
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/phpmapscript-byexample, or there is
complete mapscript reference documentation at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class

Let us know how it goes!  ka-Map should work great for you!

Sam