[ka-Map-users] Re: scaled image\icon overlay

neuhausr at bitstream.net neuhausr at bitstream.net
Thu Oct 18 12:51:14 EDT 2007

If your image is georeferenced, you can just make it a layer in mapserver
and it will automatically scale and be in the right place.  The most
common way to do this is with a TIFF, and an accompanying World (.wld)
file.  There's a brief explanation here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data

GDAL is an open source library which may help you get info on and modify
your images.  It's website is http://www.gdal.org/index.html, and it's
easily available with FWTools http://fwtools.maptools.org/

You could also set up the airport image as a WMS you serve yourself from a
separate mapfile, and overlay it in kamap as a WMS layer.

Hope this may help!
Brad