[ka-Map-users] customizing ka-map (queries)

Samuel Hiatt samhiatt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:52:50 EDT 2007

If I remember correctly the kaQuery system can be customized by playing with
map_query_float.php (the file referenced by kaQuery.js, I think).  Take a
look at that code to see how you can customize it.  map_query_float.php
should echo out the html that will be put into the query results, so it
should be easy to generate a dynamic <a href=...> based on your query
results.

If you were referring to the results of a search, the process should be the
same, but you'll be playing with tools/search/kaSearch.php.

Does that help?

Oh... if you haven't seen it already, a while back I wrote up a tutorial on
the wiki that you might be interested in.  It's incomplete, but my goal was
to help new kaMappers to understand where all the files are, which ones do
what, etc.  Check it out at
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Customizing_the_ka-map_interface

Sam