[ka-Map-users] mapserver query system in kamap

Alessio Di Lorenzo alessio.dilorenzo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 09:20:36 EDT 2007

Hi list,
I have a problem with the query system.
I followed the wiki page at
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Query (Using MapServer's
Templating System for Queries).

Firstly I created the html template as specified in the wiki

    <li> item 1 is [MY_ITEM_1]
    <li> and item 2 is [MY_ITEM_2]
    <li> but item 3 is [MY_ITEM_3]

(using only a few items... for now it is a demo...)

Then I worked on my mapfile adding the required keywords

MAP
  LAYER
   METADATA
   'queryable' 'true'
   END #metadata
  CLASS
   TEMPLATE '/absolute/path/to/mytemplate.html'
  END #class
 END #layer
END #map

Finally I customized the startUp.js file changing the  myQuery function
like the following

function myQuery( eventID, queryType, coords ) {
   window.open("/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/absolute/path/to/my/mapfile.map&mode=query&mapxy=" + coords[0] + "+" + coords[1]);
 }

The problem, now, is that I ALWAYS get the Error

msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

but I'm quite sure that I center the queriable element with the mouse (I
inserted also the TOLERANCE and TOLERANCEUNIT keywords in my mapfile,
but nothing changed)...

Can you help me guys?
It's very important for me! Please...