[ka-Map-users] How to change coords from projected to lat-longs using postgis

CHUNRIMACHUNRIMA chunrima at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:13:53 EDT 2008

Folks,

I am using Ka-explorer !

When I draw a map, always projected coordinate system (e.g. x:-3815289.61 y:496358.07) is shown.

I really want to show lat-longs coordinate system (e.g. x: -122, y: 42), instead.

Like these websites at:

http://clima.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/htdocs/
http://zadeh.ugent.be/rwanda/

Is there any easy way to show geographic coordinate system using Postgis or simply data connection?

I looked up kaMouseTracker.js to figure out a possible way, but no luck.

I also created new map file based on MapServer help at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/projection/?searchterm=projection, but no success.

Sure, I defined projection in the map file like below, but doesn't show geographic coords.

PROJECTION

  "proj=latlong"

  "ellps=WGS84"

  "datum=WGS84"

END

If any of you has experienced and resolved this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jae