[ka-Map-users] How to manage multi-points

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Aug 27 18:12:47 EDT 2008

Friend Vn 2000 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an map that has about thousands of points. I stored them in a
> xml file then loaded by using XMLOverlay.
> The problem here is the number of points is too much so I think the
> client will be overload.
right, that's the problem.
> In Google map, it has MarkerManager. Is any similar for my ka-map ? Or
> could I use MarkerManager for my application ?
there's no MarkerManager for Ka-Map, you'll need to write your own.

another interesting way is to use KAMAP_MOUSE_STOPPED [1] so you can
render your point as a normal layer in ka-map and have feed-back by the
server only when you need it.

ciao
Lorenzo

[1] http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/KAMAP_MOUSE_STOPPED