[ka-Map-users] Future of ka-map?
hiraoka at azukimap.jp
Thu Jan 31 22:01:31 EST 2008
I also think why I'm still using ka-map.
My answers are:
* Why not "gm"?
- I don't want my output system to send the point interest request to "g".
-> see the request like
copyright string request but...)
* Why not OpenLayers?
- I need and want to draw own tiles.
- OpenLayers supports mapnik now but no support mapserver tile creation.
- mapnik is really nice but raster and projection support is not fine.
- So, I need to draw the tiles by mapserver(tile.php).
- There is a choice to use "gm". Im not strong to temptation.
* Why ka-Map?
- Easy to use with MapServer
- There is no choice to use others tile.
- I know well.
So, I want to continue to use ka-Map.
But there are cases to choose others depends on my client request.
The cases like:
* When I should choose "gm"
- when my client doesn't have budget.
- when my client doesn't concern user privacy.
- the system needs a detail map.
* When I should choose OpenLayers
- "gm" layers + WMS.
- when my client likes new one.
I know ka-Map functions are not enough to continue to use.
So I want to provide my ka-Map--++ version contains almost same
functions as "gm", like:
* client side vector objects,
* 180 degree connection,
* projection control,
* include just one js from HTML.
* hybrid map function,
* new tile.php
* and many small things.
I hope we will release it to public on this spring.
Roman Meier ????????:
> Hi list
> I developed a prototype based on ka-map about one year ago. At that
time I was
> very much convinced that ka-map is a great product with a great
future. Im not
> that sure again.
> A few days ago I did some research on ka-map and Im a little bit
> the future of ka-map. It seams, that ka-map is not developed again. Since
> almost one year we still have the same first release. I also found
> about the merge of openlayers and ka-map.
> Some days ago, a client asked me, if I could do some changes to the
> developed. Before I do that, I must know, if the ka-map project has
come to an
> end or not. Should I better switch to another similar project?
> Thanks in advance for your opinion!
> ka-Map-users mailing list
> ka-Map-users at lists.maptools.org
AzukiMap Co. Ltd.
3-4-1 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo
hiraoka at azukimap.jp
More information about the ka-Map-users