[ka-Map-users] Ka-map and AGG?

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:39:38 EST 2008

Hans,

 When using 8-bit output for tiles involving raster sources, there are
 some tricky issues. You could just render as jpeg and get relatively
 small 24-bit tiles as an alternative. If you need to stick to png,
 take a look at the options covered in:

 http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/agg-rendering-specifics

 and specifically at forcing a known palette that will be applied
 consistently for each tile or metatile:

 OUTPUTFORMAT
     [... snip...]
     FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"
     FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/path/to/my/palette.txt"
  END

 where palette.txt contains 1 rgb triplet per line

 zak

 On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Hans Castorp <hanscastorp76 at yahoo.es> wrote:
 > Hi Sacha,
 >
 >  At least the trouble is not only mine :)
 >
 >  In my case 8bit png do loose transparency so AGG is not a solution for me...
 >  Additionally raster layers rendering aren't good enough; as you can see in
 >  the attachment what I get are "dotted" tiles...
 >
 >  I keep on looking over it, if you have any idea on how to work around this
 >  trouble, please tell me it.
 >
 >  Thanks in advance.
 >

 >  No virus found in this outgoing message.
 >  Checked by AVG Free Edition.

 >  18:50

Zak James
Applications and Software Development