[ka-Map-users] Farsi right-to-left labels

R Isfahani r_isfehani at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 06:35:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to render some Farsi (Persian) labels on my map. As you may know, Farsi words are written from right to left, just like Hebrew.
I've changed the label's encoding to 'Windows-1256' in my mapfile and I'm using TrueType fonts. Farsi letters have appeared. But the problem is that letters are in revers order and letters are not joining properly.
Of course reversing the letters' order in database will cause the right order of them when rendering the map. But I wanna know if there's any other way to show farsi labels in right order with no joining problems.

Any new ideas are welcomed.
Thanx.