[ka-Map-users] Customized layer for Mapserver/Kamap

Emilio Ponce yosoycore at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:20:11 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm working with mapserver using ka-map. Now I'm trying to create a new
layer over the others using alphanumeric data, and  I was wondering  what's
the best method.
My idea is to represent this data with a colour gradient. For example if the
data are like this:

City          Population
---------------------------
Barcelona 4000000
Madrid      7000000

I want to represent the Barcelona area with a light red colour, and Madrid
with a darker red.
Someone told me that the only input to Ka-map is mapserver, and mapserver
uses GDAL/OGR library for this kind of tasks... so what is the best kind of
input format using this library? And in order to represent the data with the
colour gradient, where I have to link the alphanumeric data (e.g 4000000)
with the colour (e.g. dark red)?

Thank you very much guys!