[ka-Map-users] precaching only at some scales?

juanbatman elsueniero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:16:21 EDT 2008

(Sorry, I already answer this by mistake to your personal email, here goes
again to the list)

Thanks a lot, that worked.

Now I have a different question:
If I put the layer on "cache" what happens is when I try to access to the
non-cached layers the browser hangs while requesting inexisting data. This
is expected and not a problem.

So I need to put the layer in "auto". What happens with auto is that for
those layers that I know there is a cache at a certain scale, it takes much
more time in comparison with the time it takes when I use "cache", even for
tiles I do know are pre-drawn and existing (I made a test slightly changing
some colors, and I can see that it´s reading from cache).

It seems to me that the bottleneck is in the execution of tile.php, and not
in the drawing of the tile. Even for hits in the cache, the application is
quite slow! Do you have any suggestion to improve performance with this?

Thanks a lot again
Juan