[ka-Map-users] how to create a map file for a corresponding shapefile

Raghavendra TK raghavendra.tk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:56:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have been working on Kamap for a month now. I have shapefile -
louisiana.shp without the corresponding mapfiles. As far as I can
understand, mapserver uses the map file to display the shapefiles. I tried
using one of the map files I had and changed the path in the layer to point
to louisiana.shp, but I cannot see anything being plotted on Kamap
application. The application doesn't display any errors when it comes up but
at the same time I cannot see the louisiana map. Are there tools to generate
a map file corresponding to the shape file I have?

Thanks,
Raghavendra