[ka-Map-users] auto refresh layers

Edward Cooley ecooley at strategy5.com
Tue Sep 2 14:25:33 EDT 2008

If you only have a few alerts (less than 50) you should consider using
geoObjects instead of a layer.  That way you can issue an AJAX request
that returns an updated array of alerts and handle with javascript
rather than the bulk of refreshing a layer.

Having said that, there is auto-refresh timers built into kamap that
can be used to refresh a layer.

Here is an example of a layer I use for radar weather images updating
every 10 minutes.

   LAYER
     GROUP "Weather"
     NAME "weather"