[ka-Map-users] dynamic xml overlay?

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Sep 10 08:38:31 EDT 2008

Deli, please remember to reply to the list too.

probably the problem is related to the cache of your xml_points.php
try to put something like this for header:
|<?php
header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate"); // HTTP/1.1
header("Expires: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT"); // Date in the past
?>

or check the page of PHP manual for Header

http://www.php.net/header

another quick and dirty solution is to add a random number to your url
each time you call xml_points.php so the browser will not use the cache
because of the url changed.

                var r = /Math.rand/();
                myInterval =
setInterval("myXmlOverlay.loadXml('xml_points.php?r=' + r )",10000);

ciao
Lorenzo