[ka-Map-users] Improving ka-map speed with non-cached WMS?

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Thu Dec 10 14:27:18 EST 2009

I have a ka-map application which consumes WMS services, consisting of
various imagery layers.  We don't want to precache tiles for the WMS.
We also have precached tiles for vector data in the application.

I don't know if it matters, but the web server uses IIS, not Apache.

Other viewers, such as ArcGIS and Quantum GIS, can consume the same WMS
services and have much faster draw times than our Ka-Map application.

We would like to see improved draw times for the WMS imagery, again,
without precaching it.  Can anyone make recommendations or point me to a
resource discussing this?
Bob Bistrais, GISP
Maine Office of Information Technology