[ka-Map-users] attaching database to .map files using ka-map

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Fri Jan 9 09:48:58 EST 2009

Hi,

Your .map file define the layers/colors/databases/etc.
I suggest you to make the map look like what you want before going
further by asking questions on the mapserver mailing-list:

http://mapserver.org/community/lists.html

And if you need it, here's a good tutorial for mapserver:
http://biometry.gis.umn.edu/tutorial/

Julien

rohan phatak wrote:
> hello friends
> I am beginner to ka-map i am using .map file for this  application  &
> i am confusing at some points these are..
> 1. When i click on point data  it dosen't give any information about
> that particular point data(for ex. in arcview we get an information of
> single point).
> 2.how to attach database these files?
> 3.I have 5 different layers with diif. colors but in this they appear
> in same color.
>   these are the questions which make me confuse... so can u tell me
> how to proceed this?
>
>                 thanks in advance : )

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears