[ka-Map-users] Highlighting features

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Thu Jul 30 16:48:48 EST 2009

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I still have not been able to find a
workable solution.  I have modified the query tools so that I can select
a feature and zoom to it.  But I would also like the selected feature to
highlight.  The highlight is not working.

In the master .map file, I have Querymap enabled:

QUERYMAP
SIZE 200 200
STATUS ON
## the map is queryable by default
STYLE HILITE
# the selected object is highligthed
COLOR 200 0 0
END

And in the layer file, I have a template and set the layer as queryable:

 TEMPLATE "query.html" TOLERANCE 3 TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS

 METADATA
    "opacity" "100"
    "queryable" "True"
    "DESCRIPTION" "Towns"
    "SEARCHFIELD" "GEOCODE"
    "fields" "TOWN:Town,COUNTY:County,GEOCODE:Geocode"
    "tile_source" "nocache"
  END

The query works, as far as selecting the feature and automatically
zooming to it.  But it will not highlight.  Has anyone been able to get
this to work?