[ka-Map-users] ka-map problem PLS help

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 12 08:24:50 EST 2009

Medve Zsolt wrote:
> Hy!
>
> Sorry for disturb but i have a problem
>
> I installed ms4w, then  copy ka-map 1.0 to ms4w. I find web pages how to
> config and prepare my ka-map. ( in the config.php file.. mapfile path.,
> phpscript and GD path,.apache alias and so on..) i found a sample Shape
> file and a mapfile to test ka-map with them. But when i see it in the
> browser, only the ka-map frame apears but the content,the map don't.
> I tried with other map files and shape file but nothing. I tested with
> shp2img.exe with no problems, i get the image (shp2img -m x.map -o test.png)
>
> Can Someone help me ..maybe i dont config something well or i dont know..
>
> If you use same ms4w and ka-map 1.0..you may send it to me in a zip for
> example. I aprisiate your help

Hello,

- MS4W has an add-on ka-Map package, named "ka-Map Javascript API",
available for download (at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html).
- Extract that package at the same root as your existing MS4W
installation (do not configure anything).
- Then download the "PHP/MapScript Sample Application" from that same
page and extract it at your existing MS4W root (again, no configuring
required)
- restart Apache
- goto 127.0.0.1 in a browser and click on the ka-Map link
- if you see a map of Canada, then ka-Map is properly configured

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services