[ka-Map-users] Make Querys with Ka-Map

marco barra marco.barra at gmail.com
Mon May 25 02:36:16 EST 2009

Hi Joel, in order to query a layer all you need is to set "queryable" "true"
in layer metadata.(
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Mapfile_Metadata_Configuration)
Also at layer level  you have to define TEMPLATE keyword, using as value
something like "foo.html". Note that the file foo.html is not a real file .
For example in my mapfile a layer is defined as follow:

LAYER
   GROUP 'slope'
    NAME 'slope'
    TYPE RASTER
    DATA '/var/www/html/ka-map_1108/spearfish60/PERMANENT/cellhd/aspect'
    TEMPLATE "ttt.html"
    METADATA

    "queryable" "true"

    END
    STATUS on
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    PROJECTION
    'proj=utm'
    'zone=13'
    'ellps=clrk66'
    'datum=NAD27'
    'units=m'
    'no_defs'
    ''
    END
  END

The file ttt.html doesn't exist on my server, but if you want query a layer
you need to define it.

Cheers
      Marco