[ka-Map-users] PNG24 problem in IE6

王连波 happyforev1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 06:44:09 EST 2010

Hi all,
I am so anxious about displaying ka-map in IE6 now. Everything is OK in
FireFox 、Chrome and IE7. When I searched it in the internet, I got some
information that transparent PNG pictures are not supported in IE6. However,
when I searched in the ka_map codes especially kaMap.js file, I found there
were some ways for working around this problem. In the kaMap.js there is a
function to work around this (I think so but not sure):
/*
 * internal function to track images as they finish loading.
 */
kaMap_imgOnLoad = function(e) {
    if ((this.ie_hack) &&
        (this.src != this.kaMap.aPixel.src)) {
        var src = this.src;
        this.src = this.kaMap.aPixel.src;
        this.style.filter =
"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='"+src+"')";
    }
    this.style.visibility = 'visible';
};

Now, my problem is why it still doesn't work? Can anybody give me some hints
to resolve it? Thank you very much.
And the configure about outputformat in my mapfile is as follows:
  IMAGETYPE     png24
  IMAGECOLOR    80 150 80
OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME "png24"
DRIVER "GD/PNG"
MIMETYPE "image/png24"
IMAGEMODE RGB
EXTENSION "png"
TRANSPARENT FALSE
#FORMATOPTION QUALITY=100      #value=0-100
END

--
天道酬勤