MapTools.org

[maplab-users] projection questions.

woodbri@swoodbridge.com woodbri@swoodbridge.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:28:48 -0400
Scott,

I can't speak for the maplab specific pieces of your question, but in
general the way Mapser works is:

1) the PROJECTION ... END section associated with the MAP object is
used as the OUTPUT projection. It has the side effect of causing all
layers that do NOT have a PROJECT ... END block defined in them to be
assumed to be in the OUTPUT projection space.

2) For each layer, that is NOT already in the OUTPUT projection, you
need to define what the layer's data is currently in.

3) If you are planning on reprojecting a raster layer on the fly
(this is proably not a good thing to do), I think you want to do this
using GDAL

4) It is better to reproject the raster and save it in the OUTPUT
project format if you need to do this.

Hope this help's, I'll let the maplab developers address the rest of
your questions/bugs and correct me if I got this part wrong :)

-Steve