MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Copyright text

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:21:37 -0500
Achim Spaeter wrote:

> I tried to insert a copyright notice in the lower left corner of my map.
> I tried using a feature point object but did not succeed to get a apply a
> text.

You're trying to add this in the PHP code?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- For the copyright text, create a layer of type annotation, set its
status to ON, set LABELCACHE OFF (or call drawLabelCache())
- Make sure your LABEL definition in the layer is complete
- Set TRANSFORM FALSE in the layer if you define your point location in
pixel coordinates.

Also, try a search on the mapserver-users list, there have been
discussions about this a few times in the past.  Here are a few
pointers:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0103/msg00026.html
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0103/msg00053.html

Daniel