MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Error: MapScript Not Found - configuration problem?

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:26:19 -0400
Vincent Schut wrote:

> I can start a new mapfile, but when I try to open an existing mapfile
>
> (tutorial, or mapfiless I created with maplab, I get an error. ('Internal
>
> Server Error'). The apache logs say:
>
> php: relocation error: /usr/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so: undefined
>
> symbol: msTokenizeMap

This may happen due to conflicting library versions if you previously
did 'make install' when you installed mapserver 3.6.0, and then rebuilt
3.6.2.

The 'make install' target in the MapServer makefile is useless and only
causes problems.

If you have a /usr/local/lib/libmap.a then delete it.  Also delete
/usr/local/include/map.h ... and make sure you do not use 'make install'
in the Mapserver directory again.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca