MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Peculiar MapLab Behaviour

Tweedy, Scott sctweedy@NRCan.gc.ca
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:18:10 -0500
I'm using MapLab version 2.0rc2
Windows NT
PHP version 4.2.2
MapScript 3.6

Recently I was informed that I could add a variable of TRANSPARENCY into
some of my LAYER definitions of my map file so that the resulting polygon
was translucent.  Very cool effect and exactly what we needed.  I added the
TRANSPARENCY definitions in an external text editor and saved the map file
and everything worked great.  A couple of days ago I opened the same map
file in MapLab and made totally unrelated changes to the map file.  When I
saved the map file the translucency of the polygons no longer appeared.

After testing it seems that MapLab automatically removes the TRANSPARENCY
definition in any map file once it's opened in MapLab.  If I add the
defintion in an external text editor it appears and works fine.  I can't
seem to be able to add it in MapLab at all even when I open the Edit Source
window and type it in.  When I save the map file the TRANSPARENCY definition
no longer appears in the source code.

Is this only a problem in the version of MapLab I'm using or is it a
behaviour that exists in all versions?  Are there other variables that
MapLab automatically deletes?

Thanks in advance,
st