MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Peculiar MapLab Behaviour - continued (MapBrow ser)

Tweedy, Scott sctweedy@NRCan.gc.ca
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:16:23 -0500
OK, I modified the mapserv_36.xml document to add the TRANSPARENCY defintion
and everything was working great.  This morning I ran into another little
issue.  I was working in MapBrowser to add a WMS layer to my .map file.
When I added the WMS layer and saved the map file from MapBrowswer the
TRANSPARENCY was lost.  I can go back to MapEdit and add the value and save
the map and the transparency works, but if I save from MapBrowser the value
it lost again.

Thanks in advance,
st

-----Original Message-----
From: Doyon, Jean-Francois
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 4:33 PM
To: Tweedy, Scott; MapLab Users (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [maplab-users] Peculiar MapLab Behaviour

Scott,

This is because your MapLab hasn't been configured to support the
TRANSPARENCY keyword yet.

You can easily define what keywords MapLab understands by editing the
appropriate XML file.  In your case this is most likely mapserv_36.xml in
the "config" directory ... The file you use is specified in mapedit.xml, the
configuration_file parameter.

Add this:

  <TRANSPARENCY NAME="Transparency" TYPE="INTEGER"
DEFAULT=""></TRANSPARENCY>

In the <LAYER> section of your mapserv_36.xml file ... This is what the last
few lines of mine looks like:

  <HEADER NAME="Header file" TYPE="FILENAME" DEFAULT=""></HEADER>
  <FOOTER NAME="Footer file" TYPE="FILENAME" DEFAULT=""></FOOTER>
  <SEP10 NAME="" TYPE="SEPARATOR" DEFAULT="OFF"></SEP10>
  <TEMPLATE NAME="Template" TYPE="FILENAME" DEFAULT=""></TEMPLATE>
  <TRANSPARENCY NAME="Transparency" TYPE="INTEGER"
DEFAULT=""></TRANSPARENCY>
</LAYER>

Once this is done, restart a new MapLab session, and your problem will go
away, you will now be able to use the TRANSPARENCY keyword in MapLab, and if
you add it manually, it won't delete it.

Hope this helps,
J.F.