MapTools.org

[maplab-users] problem using preview in MapEdit

Paul Spencer pgs@magma.ca
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:40:02 -0400
Matt,

if you have got everything set up right, you should have a temporary
directory that is used for map and image files.  This directory is also
accessible through your web server.  At DM Solutions, we typically set
this up to be /tmp/ms_tmp/ with an alias for /tmp/ in the apache
httpd.conf file.  The reasons are somewhat historical but basically stem
from a linux background.  On your system, this would probably translate
to d:\tmp\ms_tmp\.

The tutorial.map file is configured for this setup.  A MAP file has a
web object that defines both the physical path to the temporary
directory and a web-accessible path to the same directory.  The
tutorial.map file comes with these settings configured for the DM
Solutions default settings /tmp/ms_tmp/ and /tmp/.

The error message appears to be indicating that the /tmp/ms_tmp/
directory doesn't exist, so you will need to either change the MAP file
or your system.  On Windows, you can (or should) specify a drive letter
as well (i.e. d:/tmp/ms_tmp/), but it should default to the same drive
as everything is installed on.

You will also have to make sure that MapLab is configured for the same
paths as you decide to use in your MAP files.

Cheers,

Paul

Applications and Software Development
DM Solutions Group Inc