MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapLab 2.0 rc3 Release

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca, spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:34:52 -0500
All,

It is my pleasure to announce the release of Release Candidate 3 of the
MapLab 2.0 toolkit.  This release contains several important bug fixes
and some minor improvements to the WMS functionality in MapBrowser.  It
is intended that this will be the last Release Candidate before a formal
release of MapLab 2.0.  If there are no significant bugs found, the
MapLab 2.0 release will be in about 2 weeks.

Getting MapLab 2.0 rc 3
=======================

You can find this new release on the MapLab website at

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/owt/maplab/

Support Information
===================

Please do not forget that we have set up a WIKI at:

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/pub_phpwiki/maplab.php

This WIKI is for the MapLab community to share information about MapLab,
provide solutions to common (or not so common) problems, and perhaps
learn something in the process.

Bug Fixes and Changes
=====================

o modified handling of WMS data to include more information about
layers, including styles, abstracts and support for CubeWerx extractable
layers extension

o modified MapBrowser to take advantage of the new WMS information

o performance optimizations in MapEdit and MapBrowser

o fixed a bug in MapEdit that stopped it from updating the preview if
you changed projections

o cross-browser compatibility updates for Mozilla/Netscape 7.0

o updates to the filebrowser to make it more secure and more flexible

o removed some dependency on user configuration of php
   x allow_call_time_pass_reference doesn't matter any more
   x check for session.save_path to be valid
   x automatically load required modules if necessary

o updates to ROSA

o changed how sessions are handled to make MapLab more secure, removed
dependency on cookies (cookies are used for sessions by default)

o changed file structure to allow for more secure installations, only
the htdocs directory needs to be web-accessible now.

o other general enhancements and bug fixes.

Known Issues

Windows Users: you must enable the php_dbase.dll extension in you
php.ini file by uncommenting this line in the [extensions] section:

extension=php_dbase.dll

Well, I think that's it.  Cheers and thanks to everyone for their support,

Paul
--
Paul Spencer
Applications and Software Development