MapTools.org

[maplab-users] This is a weird one

woodbri@swoodbridge.com woodbri@swoodbridge.com
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 00:19:26 -0400
I'm not sure if this is a maplab or mapserver issue, but here goes.

This is Linux RH 6.2, MS 3.6.2 from DMS site, maplab-2.0rc3 built as
requested, CGI and with the options per directions. MS is built with
-DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA

I build the vmap0 app that uses uses a tileindex with 4 directories.
I found out that one of the files CROPA_area.shp was bad because I
couldn't get it to generate an image - The php was generating an
error in $map->draw(), so I deleted the files once I found out they
were bad.

The strange thing is that the maplab preview then started to work,
the gmapfactory app still failed to generate an image! So I created
an empty CROPA_area.shp fileset for the two directories that where
missing it and the problem went away.

I know it was that layer because it worked it I toggled it off and
failed when it was on.

So the questions are:

1) Why did I get the error if -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA is set
2) Why did preview work but not the gmap app

Any ideas on this?

-Steve