MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Re: [mapserver-users] scale dependent layers

woodbri@swoodbridge.com woodbri@swoodbridge.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:20:58 -0400
This is very similar to what I was trying to do in maplab recently
using the html_legend stuff. The problem I ran into was that I could
hide the controls of layers that were not being displayed, but as I
zoomed in, maplab (PHP/mapscript) could not differentiate the
difference between the fact that the control was hidden or that the
user had turned it off.

I thing if we/you are planning a change in this area, it would be
nice to coordinate it with the maplab team, because we need to be
able to track the following:

1) user layer status (on/off)   -- tracked in mapscript application
2) mapfile layer status (on/off)  -- status as coded in mapfile
3) layer is viewable status if it was on (on/off)  -- status relative
to zoom state

Steve does this make sense?
maplab team does this make sense?

-Steve W.