MapTools.org

[maplab-users] mapedit preview and freetype

NAVASBEN NAVASBEN@teleline.es
Tue, 05 Aug 2003 23:54:02 +0200
hello dear maplab users,

I have a problem with mapedit preview of mapfiles. I load correctly any
mapfile (for example, tutorial.map), but when I try to preview the map I
always obtain this error:

Warning: MapServer Error in msGetLabelSize(): libgd was not built with
FreeType font support in
/home/dnavascues/downloads/GIS/MapLab/maplab-2.0-release/htdocs/mapedit/preview.php
on line 465

My configuration is the following:

S.O: Slackware 9.0
Web Server: Apache 1.3
PHP: 4.3.2
MapServer: 3.6.6
MapLab: 2.0
Freetype: 1.3
GD library: 2.0.15

These are my configure settings:

For PHP,

./configure --with-zlib --with-gd --with-dbase --with-ttf
--enable-gd-native-ttf --with-regex=system

For MapServer & MapScript

./configure --with-jpeg --with-gd --enable-force-freetype1 --with-zlib
--with-png --with-pdf --with-tiff --with-eppl
--with-proj --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-wmsclient --with-php

I have modified the fonts.txt file to include complete paths, as it is
suggested in other posts related to this, but the problem persists.

Thank you very much indeed for your help,

Daniel