MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapLab/MapBrowser - WMS-connect - An error occurred parsing capabilities

Frieso ter Haseborg ter-haseborg@sf-datentechnik.de
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:04:17 +0200
Hi,

on following the maplab-tutorial I ran into this problem with the
MapBrowser/Manage Servers function:

I'm trying to connect to the WMS-Server
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap? as mentioned in the
section 'Adding a layer'. When adding this server in the 'Manage
Servers' console I receive the following error-output:

Testing server [test]....OK
Connecting server [test]....OK
Building treemenu file....OK
Building server list....OK
The following errors occurred:
1) Parse returned 1
2) The output was:
3) An error occurred parsing capabilities.

*** Execution complete - Errors Occurred ***

Connection to the server seems okay an getCapabilities-request like
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&WM
TVER=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS returns the xml-doc. So as the message sais it
must be the parsing (possibly wmsparse.exe?) going wrong, but how can I
debug this?

server-config:
--------------
W2k server, Apache 2.0.47, PHP 4.3.2, MapScript Revision: 1.177 $Date:
2003/07/30 19:01:31$, MapLab 2.0.1-release

client-config:
W2k Pro, IE 5.50

Can anybody give me a hint what's going wrong here?

TIA,

Frieso ter Haseborg
- Software Development -

S&F Datentechnik GmbH&Co.KG