MapTools.org

[maplab-users] freetype2 + Maplab : ok or not ok ??

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:16:08 -0500
George Planansky wrote:

> I've built Mapserver 3.6.3 on Solaris, and its supporting
> libraries, using freetype2.
>
> However the Maplab install instructions say to build
> Mapserver using " --enable-force-freetype1 " .
>
> Will Maplab in fact work with freetype2 ?

It will work with freetype2, but the only restriction is that you'll
have to set absolute paths for the TTF files in your FONTSET file.
There is an issue in MapServer 3.6 vs freetype 2 and relative filenames
for TTF fonts.  I believe this is fixed in 3.7 now.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca