MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Starting Tutorial

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:23:50 -0500
In the map object are two values you may need to edit:

FONTSET
SYMBOLSET

FONTSET points to a text file that enumerates the fonts that are
available to mapserver.  What needs to go in this file depends on
several things, including the version of mapserver/mapscript you are
using and if you are using freetype 1.x or 2.x.  If FONTSET is pointing
to the right location, make sure that the font files are in the right
place and valid files (not corrupted).  If you know that you are using
FreeType 2.x and mapscript 3.6.x then you may need to put the absolute
path to the font files in the fonts.txt file (starting with /).  This
problem was fixed in version 3.7 dev at some point.

HTH,

Paul

--
Paul Spencer