MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Error in msSaveImage(): GIF Output is not available

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:39:35 -0500
Vincenzo,

I am a little confused about where the red Xs are ... I think you mean
that GIF is not supported by MapScript (but PNG is for example?).  For
PHP, are no image types supported?  Or just not GIF?

On windows, PHP does not support GIF by default and I think you'd have
to compile your own php_gd.dll to get it.  On Linux, you probably build
your own GD then it's up to you if GIF is included.   But this will
likely affect both PHP and MapScript so if it's available in one it
should be in the other unless you are using two different GDs for PHP
and MapScript.  In either case, you should be able to work with PNG
images.

see my post just now about how the preview.php file may need to be
changed.  The default mapfile doesn't include an image type and so
defaults to GIF.  You should explicitly change it to PNG in the map
object.  Also, I think you need to put the image type in the
configuration files to PNG.

Cheers,

Paul