MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Import Layer icon

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:06:37 -0500
Scott, this icon is linked to a configuration option for mapedit called
warehouse_mapfiles.  In this configuration item, you can specify the
path to one or more mapfiles.  If you have specified at least one
mapfile then this icon is enabled.  Clicking the icon will display a
treemenu dialog with one main branch per mapfile.  Under the map branch
will be a list of layers defined in the mapfile.  Clicking a layer will
add the entire layer to the current mapfile.  Note that it will copy the
layer 'as-is' and will not attempt to correct any differences in paths
to the actual data source.

The intention of this feature is to allow you to create mapfiles that
contain layers that you commonly use and to quickly re-use them in new
mapfiles.

Cheers,

Paul