MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapSession_RW not working

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon, 12 May 2003 16:10:06 -0700
I am trying to customize my GmapFactory application to generate a
dynamic mapfile based on user inputs to an HTML form.
After extensive trial/error I finally have a feel for how the Gmap
application works and this led me to declaring a MapSession_RW object
for $oMapSession (rather than the default MapSession_R object
instantiated in globprefs.php).
However, when I do this, the map display will not update at all...zoom,
pan, selecting different layers, etc are all ignored and only the
original (default) map is displayed in the Rosa applet.
If I look in $gszTmpMapPath I find the temporary mapfiles that are
created, and these mapfiles do reflect the changes made by the user.
My question then is what additional change should I make so that the
rosa applet gets the correct (modified) mapfile to display?
This may be related to using map_session_mode=1 but I can't seem to get
that to work either.
Anyone else been down this road???

Md

(RedHat8.0, Apache2.0, Mapserver 3.6.4, Php4.2.3)

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University
316 Strand Ag Hall