MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Error: Loading Java applet failed in mapbrowser

Chandrasekar Balasubramaniam cbala@geospatialtech.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 09:30:09 -0700
Hello everyone
  I recently setup the maplab suite for my mapserver running on cygwin on my
windows 2000 system. Everything seems to work fine in the mapedit section
(Iam able to see the preview of the tutorial map )but when I switch to
mapbrowser section I dont see any map. I get the error message "Java applet
failed" and "Applet rosaApplet notinited"
   I had actually substituited the rosa.jar file which came along with the
suite with the latest rosa_png.jar for enabling "PNG" in both the mapedit
and mapbrowser subdirectories of "htdocs". Do I have to do something about
"app_rosa.jar" in the "/mapfactory/template" directory but I dont see that
anyway related to my problem. Thanks for any forthcoming solutions.
regards
chandru